Mirror Tray Identification

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Flamindakota, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Can't see photos. Is album set to private? Should really post here directly. Use the "upload a file" button to do so.

3. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

Hi Verybrad, thank you for the alert. My album was accidentally set to private. I think I fixed it now.

4. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

5. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

Hi VeryBrad,

Thank you for the alert. I fixed my albums privacy and added files here as well.

6. verybrad

Good job with pictures. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help. I don't believe this to be antique but has some age to it. Pretty good quality. Do you have a link to the one on ebay?

7. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

I do, it is listed quite high. I messaged the seller to see if they had any information as to the year it was made or maker but they didn't. It is very heavy and not magnetic. I'm thinking brass. The eBay description said French Recoco Ormolu. I have spent a lot of time researching the markings as well as their description and I cannot find anything else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-R...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

8. verybrad

Yikes :eek:.... cracked to boot! I always find it interesting when someone has something that they know nothing about but think it is worth a lot. I see nothing to bring me to the conclusion that this is French, Rococo, bronze, ormolu, or rare. To me, it looks like a gilt finish pot metal piece from the 50s or later. Photos can be deceiving so you can probably tell best regarding the metal (The silver I see, makes me think pot metal).

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member

Thanks, I know their price is crazy. I check their listings and they were all very high so I didn't think the price is according. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep or sell yet but I'd like to know something about it. At least what the metal stamp means. Also, in person there is no silver. I'm not sure why it showed up like that on the picture. I had to use my Snapchat camera because the file was too big from my regular camera. It doesn't show on my other pictures.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Any Jewelry likes this.
  11. Flamindakota

Flamindakota New Member