Featured Miss Bronwen Cuz! Don't wanna make you jelly BUT I have one of those fakies!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Jun 28, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

My Cuz!

I found this years and years ago, I showed it on the eBay boards and they then said they thought it mebbe a hard stone.
    I/they didn't think very likely though as the setting was vile ( from the back, it actually looks OK from the front) but as ever I was clueless.

Then I saw one on Le Bay of E which was identical,even down to the crack so that gave me even greater pause and I put it into a really dark corner to forget about it...well I have been digging in my deepest corners ( looking for my marbles,incidentally) and now it's been uncovered again.

I had forgotten about it until I saw the pics of those you showed on here and I said to meself AHA that's what it is!

Don't wanna make you jelly My Cuz aka @Bronwen :D :D BUT...here she is :D :D :D in all her fakey glory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I have had *proper* cameos and sold the plasticy and glass ones I can tell now from miles away that it's some sort of resin but it IS quite convincing at a glance

Thank you for enlightening me,Cuz ...I quite like her and I accept her for what she is xxx

Figtree3, kyratango, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Good to see you Bou!:happy:
    If you happen to come across mine, will you let me know?:wacky:
    She is a beauty in her own way, even if it isn't the right way.;) She has a very tranquil look. No doubt Bronwen will find the madonna she was based on.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    judy, Bronwen and BoudiccaJones like this.
  3. BoudiccaJones

Hello my lovely!!
    OMG I have had STREEEESSSSS!!!I was looking for the marbles as I said ( omg AJ I don't think YOU have any not were they should be :O ) and I realised I'd lost a very HTF Sindy and oh god,the stress almost killed me but I found the little peach now PHEW

I did find some marbles! I have better ones in the attic but they tipped up and I doubt I'll ever see em again but I did find these,and my Gran made the bags ! <3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

judy, Figtree3, johnnycb09 and 5 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Love the marbles, nice collection.
    A loving Gran.:happy:
    :kiss:

judy, Bronwen, lloyd249 and 3 others like this.
  5. BoudiccaJones

Thank you my lovely...my nicest ones fell out in the attic and got scattered everywhere. I found one in the garden when I was tiny and it was NORMOUS and stripy and I loved it...hope I manage to come across it again though I do have enough to be going on with tbf. I had a really nice deep blue one I called Starry Night and I haven't seen one similar since but I bet they are out there xx

judy, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I think I'm in love with the marble in watermelon colors. Also think a marble collector would love to go through these.

Yep, you have put your finger on another one. Have added her to the main thread: Gatierre, Danbiere & Other Mysteries

As if the morning did not start with enough of a rude surprise when I had water dripping on to my head when I went into the bathroom, you have to turn up another of these confounded & confounding pieces. Wonder if I have seen her before & not made the connection. Well, she's identified now.

Figuring out which Madonna this is will have to be a project for another day or another researcher.

7. Any Jewelry

:( Has the problem been located and solved?

judy and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Yes. New owners of building are planning to renovate unoccupied apartments. Right now work is in the demolition phase. Problem was how they left the bathroom on the top floor (5th) after removing the bathtub. Don't know quite how their arrangements got disarranged. Super, who was also just waking up when I called, said they had used some hose to lead water from 'the pipe below the tub' to the drain pipe. Sometimes when water has come down to my apartment, it has been due to activity in the occupied unit on the 4th floor. Called up there to check. She was just waking up; call was first she knew she had water in her bathroom. There's another vacant apartment between us. A good time was had by all. The dripping has stopped now. Lesson: never hurts to have some extra cat litter boxes to hand when you have a whole line of fast drips coming from the ceiling.

BoudiccaJones, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Oh, good.:)
    :hilarious::cat:

BoudiccaJones, Bronwen and judy like this.
  10. BoudiccaJones

Oh dear! Thank you for adding her for me...sorry about the water thing :O worra shock that would have been :eek: xxx

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

You're up & doing early. Are you a natural 'lark'? This owl is going to go to bed shortly.

Any Jewelry and BoudiccaJones like this.
  12. BoudiccaJones

Yes I always wake early, I read for hours in evening n snooze then wake up and read a bit then sleeepppp until about 5...I don't get much done though

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. Bronwen

@BoudiccaJones Your photos have become blocked, here & on the Danbiere thread, where I had posted the Madonna. Maybe these will stick:

upload_2022-8-31_15-15-32.png
    upload_2022-8-31_15-17-47.png
    upload_2022-8-31_15-19-51.png

komokwa and BoudiccaJones like this.
  14. BoudiccaJones

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the planets are in alignment...!

or some such thing...
    good sale :happy:

BoudiccaJones and Bronwen like this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

*Shockingly* or maybe not :) I didn't get much for it but the new owner was ( maybe even more shockingly) pleased enough with the fakey.
    I was glad for the extra space! ( Already filled. A few times :D)

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted