Featured Modern Kentucky Derby Glasses?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joe2007, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I've slowly been building a set of modern Kentucky Derby glasses when I can acquire them cheaply at auctions, yard sales, or thrift stores. Does anyone have any insights into the collectability of the glasses issued in recent years? Am I the only one that likes these?

kentucky derby glasses 2018 2009.jpg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Just my 2 cents, but the more recent ones are harder to sell.

BUT- usually during the times when all the triple crown races are run, folks will buy some for parties and such. And some people don't have a recent glass and need it for their collection... so u never know.

I tend to only pick up the older horse racing glasses as they are easier to sell. But no harm in collecting them for some fun. And one day... they will be vintage.

dgbjwc and gregsglass like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted