Montague Dawson - print fine weather fair winds

Discussion in 'Art' started by Shilo, May 7, 2020.

1. Shilo

Shilo New Member

afternoon can anyone give me any information on this painting , I was left this my mother in law who love ships and boats
    Many thanks shilo

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And I gave her the 3 links yesterday....not sure if she's having trouble or what..... a response would be nice!!! We're here to help!!!! There are PLENTY of ship prints on PINTEREST by Montague Dawson!!

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

"Fine Weather and a Fair Wind" by Montague Dawson is for sale for $270 at Art.com....it's just a low quality sample.....40" x 28"

Mongague Dawson.jpg

According to Art.com....
    "The Artist
    Montague Dawson (1895 – 1973), deemed “King of the Clipper Ship School,” was one of the greatest mariner artists of the 20th century. Growing up by the waters of Southampton in a seafaring family, he was comfortable with the water and used it as his main theme. Deftly portraying the interplay between sky, sea, and vessel in his portraits of tempest-tossed ships on the high seas, Dawson illustrated maritime battles for “the Sphere” during World Wars I and II. At the peak of his career, he was said to be the highest-paid painter aside from Picasso."

That's all I've found...so far...

i need help, Any Jewelry and Shilo like this.
  5. Shilo

Shilo New Member

Thank you for the information

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted