Featured More AMAZING items that my great grandma passed onto me!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by inTHEpast, Jul 16, 2021.

1. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

Hello once again all! If you haven't viewed my other 2 topics, my great grandma (aka toot toot, my baby nickname for her stuck all these 30+ years :p ) is getting up there in age 91 this past February and still going strong.

I just got back home from helping her take care of her beautiful rose bushes and she sent me off with a wide assortment of antique and interesting items. Oh boy do I have a treat for you all (or at least it is for me!), and I hope someone gets as much enjoyment as I do from collection items such as these. I do NOT collect antique and rare items for the monetary gain, rather I collect for the enjoyment and what these items mean to me.

I love collecting but the memories I get every time I look at my collection, I wouldn't trade for all the money on earth (and mars). Almost 90% of my items came directly from toot toot. I'm not saying that I wouldn't sale an item (such as a record or card or glass work) that happens to be insanely over prices such as a single record selling for $500,000+. I would be comfortable selling it as we have already discussed that either one of us would enjoy the six figures more than an old record that we will never actually use.

Sorry for the ramble but I guess take that as my "Why I am here/Welcome" post (my ADHD gets me sometimes, especially when its something I'm so passionate about)!

Please tell me everything you know about any items listed and their possible value, also at some point anyone who has posted information about my items will be gifted completely free (I'll even pay shipping) one secret item from my collection that has been listed in one of my posts! I really do appreciate it and am glad to be apart of the community!

LOOOOONG POST INCOMING - GRAB A DRINK AND/OR SNACK AND ENJOY!

elvis-record-1.png
    elvis-record-1-close.png
    elvis-record-sleeve.png

https://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-With-The-Jordanaires-Dont-I-Beg-Of-You-/release/8897318 - $9.99ea

I thought it would have been worth a little more, but it is still a great piece. The collection she gave me has 100+ unique records with sleeves (a lot of the sleeves are damanged/ripped badly, but some are very high quality). I haven't digitized most of them but I did find one album that listed and sold for $1620.00 on online auction websites. I will share that plus the entire collection very soon.

avon-bottle-with-scent.png
    avon-bottle-with-scent2.png

Avon perfume bottle, but wait it still has some of the original scent in the bottle! The scent that's left still smells as if it was just produced last week as my grandma put it! This really is an amazing bottle design and crazy that there is still some original perfume in it from ???? - I haven't been able to locate anything through reverse google image search for this item (I haven't really looked other than that), if anyone has any info I would be so thankful for it! I also have a couple more 1940-1960s Avon perfume bottles to show as well!

https://picclick.com/Invicta-Sea-Hunter-1074-Rare-Swiss-automatic-Sellita-323252175366.html
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005RTLNS2?tag=picclick0f-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1 - $249.00 (first link) - Sold and shipped via Ebay (almost the exact same watch (I think mine just looks a little different color wise).
    $999.99 (second link) - Listed for purchase on Amazon, the exact same watch as mine except mine has white where that one has blue.

I never would have thought this watch would be worth so much, it might be one of the most valuable watches that I own slightly behind a USA bicentennial 1776-1976 original watch and band that I had valued and certified at $2,500.00!

Invicta-300m-wproof-watch-1.png

Invicta Sea Hunter 1074.
    This one I have feel in love with, as soon as you pick it up your are amazed at the weight of this ~1-2.5lbs for just the watch face. Mine is missing the cog that you use to adjust the time, but that would be a super easy fix before listed (if I ever sell it, it weighs waaay to much for normal use) It also still runs perfectly as it doesn't use batteries but rather the watch border cranks (the 20-30-40-50 part) to power the watch! One of my favorite pieces. Plus did I mention that its water resistant up to 300m/1000ft deep!

jorden-pog-1.png
    jorden-pog-2.png
    jorden-pog-3.png
    bonus-pogs.png

Michael Jorden 1995 POGs by Upper Deck
    Now this is the best item that I have searched for in years (this was actually a childhood item of mine from almost 25 years ago that I completely forgot about!). Plus my set has 500+ unique POGs and somewhere around 800+ total. I will share images of other pieces (some are just as rare as these), and I am actually working on an avatar set using all the POGs. I am working on digitizing them and will offer untouched and touched up round avatar versions to purchase one digital icon sites (shutter stock, etc), I will give the Antiquers.com community a pack of 25 of these avatars completely free (will make a new thread). Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Similar items are listed for $3000.00 on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324280022156?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=324280022156&targetid=1262749492222&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9013377&poi=&campaignid=13822575333&mkgroupid=124024654789&rlsatarget=pla-1262749492222&abcId=9300604&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQjwub-HBhCyARIsAPctr7z3TccUMEsU7P8R16ID2He1qKofVcR-mV-CxxjrLRO9l43rMGpNSdUaAnF4EALw_wcB

The next item I haven't really researched at all and would really really appreciate some insight on this item, its year/date of manufacture and its possible value in current condition. It also still FULLY 100% works (radio and 8 track player) via plugin and battery power!

IMAGES ON NEXT POST I UPLOADED TO MANY FOR ONE POST LOL

Don't forget that anyone who replies to any of my threads that either gives me info/pricing or just someone who really appreciates my items (and collects) will receive one item (mystery item) from my collection completely free! (SHIPPING PAID)

End super long post....THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR YOUR PASSION FOR ANTIQUES AND BEING HERE FOR ME TO SHARE AND COMMUNICATE WITH!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    cxgirl, kyratango and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Love this tour of items that mean so much to you. They're outside my area of expertise, but I love looking at them! Keep 'em coming! :) :)

4. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

Cool watch, and I love the 8 track player. The original boom box!

inTHEpast, pearlsnblume and cxgirl like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I hear ya. The things I have from my grandmother are precious to me but I know soon I will have to part with them since there is only so much room here. I will keep those items that mean something special like her scarves which still have the scent of her perfume on them.

inTHEpast and Pattywithay like this.
  6. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

@pearlsnblume - I really hate to hear that :'( I was in a similar citation at one time and had to sell items that I shouldn't or wouldn't have sold.
    But now I have worked hard for over a decade and have recently been able to afford a way bigger house ( i was in a single bedroom trailer, moved into a 1250sq feet home with 5 acres included ).
    I have a half finished basement, which I have build a bookshelf down the entirety of the back wall, there are 8 segments that are 4-41/2 feet wide except 2 are 2ftsq, 1 is a secret entrance to the crawl space (that you can stand up in lol) for utility access. I about got the first shelf full as I was basically starting with nothing when I moved in. I will post some pictures once that first shelf gets full!

@Pattywithay - Over my lifetime the only place I have ever seen 8 track players, was at her houuse, shes got another item and I have discussed with her my plans for it which she is ok with but wants to wait and honestly when it comes down to it I probably won't sale it lol (because of how much it means to her) but we had it valued at least at or above $4500.00 and was told to never take less than that. There's actually 2 listings on ebay right now for $5,000.00. (it had very limited amounts created, even less if good contition and all 3 features work, I think there is only 3. Radio, Record & 8 Track player)

(link to ebay listing) https://www.ebay.com/itm/4027265931...MIzNLV_Obo8QIVBpfICh0a-gYlEAYYAiABEgJ4BPD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303989423549?hash=item46c72e7dbd:g:5xYAAOSwXcZglZsB

@Ghopper1924
    That the main reason that I like sharing on this forum, is to see other people who enjoy the hell out of antique items enjoy it as much as I do, whatever there reason is!

And what is featured? I know its good lol but what is this communities standards when it comes to featuring posts? You'll have to excuse me if I get all "nerdy" about forums as I used to develop forum software (Zetaboards and worked on InvisionFree coding which was based on Invision Power Board 1.3.1).
    I actually have an almost complete project for free open source community software that I am releasing by Jan 2022.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Ghopper1924 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted