More drinking glasses for ID please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tyeldom3, Mar 28, 2017.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Didn't realize I had the ruler upside down, ooops sorry! The tallest glass is about 6 1/4" high, and the smaller 4" high. Is the small one a shot glass?, And are these called cut glass? Any ideas on maker, age, use, design, etc. are wonderful and thanks for your time.:)
    12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I KNOW nothing - but the stem reminds me of some Rock Sharp I had once.

And I believe the smaller is a cordial.

judy, Joshua Brown and tyeldom3 like this.
  3. tyeldom3

Wonderful Mansons, thank you!:kiss: Off to go look!!

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

You might try Seneca and other WV glass co's also.

tyeldom3 and judy like this.
  5. tyeldom3

Thank you both Mansons & Mary Delaney!:) I'm still not finding quite the right glasses, but will keep looking. You all are wonderful to help.

6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

They gray cutting has me thinking eastern Europe

tyeldom3 likes this.
  7. tyeldom3

Thanks so much George, do you mean the flower looking part? I'm sorry I'm not up to par on all the terms!:oops::kiss::):)

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, I think George meant the flower petals but possibly also the file area. What I'm finding bothersome is the cutting on the stem, especially up where it meets the bowl. It looks uneven - almost like someone was in a hurry. I've found stems with that type of cutting to be almost impossible to ID and have been avoiding them.
    Don

tyeldom3 likes this.
  9. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

I know Seneca has a similar cut stem which is why I mentioned them. I think some of their patterns also has similar grey cuts like on the bowl.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  10. tyeldom3

Thanks Don, much appreciated.:) these were a surprise in the bottom of a box I bought, and there are about 15 of them, so hopefully can figure something out about them. Glass is not a comfortable area for me, so I'm really having a hard time with research. Thanks again:):)

11. tyeldom3

Mary I truly appreciate your help and I will try Seneca again tomorrow when I have more time to search. thank you so much!:):)

Draft saved Draft deleted