Featured More Ebay goodies

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ownedbybear, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Bought this lot - well, two lots from the most delightful Ebay seller. She was trying to work out how to combine the postage, but as I'd already paid one lot, Eboo would not cooperate. So, she put coins in to the value of the excess bless her.

Guess what drew me to the mass lot? It's HUGE.

M07A.jpg M04A.jpg M05A.jpg M08A.jpg M10A.jpg M07B.jpg M04C.jpg M11A.jpg M03A.jpg M04D.jpg M05B.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Nice haul. I do especially like the Chinese bracelet, quartz or......jade?

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

It might be jade, I'm not sure, I need to stare at it. The fish is fabulous - there's a teeny weeny mark.

Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and Houseful like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Possibly the silver filigree brooch? :happy::happy:

6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I always guess wrong, but am willing to learn. Is it the long pin with the faceted stones?

7. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

Are people who don't know anything about anything allowed to guess? ;)

I'd have been tempted by the silver filigree brooch but Peggy's chosen that, so I'm going to go with an uninformed gut feeling and wonder out loud if it might be this:

upload_2021-4-20_17-57-58.png

pearlsnblume and Ownedbybear like this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Maybe the articulated fish as it looks bigger than what you normally run across?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

It was indeed the fishy. Nice Chinese export silver. I thought from the photo that it was the usual size, too. I'm keeping that and the sort of big square silver filigree brooch, as well as the bracelet.

The two flower basket brooches are cute, one has little fabric flowers in it. The little bar brooch with the initial has been made from an Edward VII silver threepenny coin.

Kiko, that bar brooch is also enormous and very nice old paste too. If I can harvest stones, I'll fix it.

10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

The fish reminded me of a similar item that is a bottle opener.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    komokwa likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

I've seen those!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I'd have wanted it for the jade bracelet. Is it marked gold? ;)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. bercrystal

I thought about the fish also but went with the brooch instead. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Sorry, late to the party again:rolleyes:.
    Great haul. What is the flower brooch bottom left?. Is that silver too?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  15. Ownedbybear

The bracelet was a separate win from the same seller - no one else bid! Hence the £2.69 in coins as a postage refund.

It's not marked, but I've a jade and gold bracelet bought in Hong Kong many years ago, which isn't marked either.

Kate, I think all the filigree is at least low grade silver. Confession: the four smaller bits were so black that they got a one second silver dip. The basket of flowers will need a hand clean and the big filigree was pretty clean. And is OLD.

bercrystal and KSW like this.
  16. bercrystal

I just went by the front of the brooch & the way it was made looked very unusual. I did not even notice the construction of the clasp until just now when I took another look.

17. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have been after the fishie too, and that sweetheart token pin. They don't turn up here. The faux MOP pin seems to have something missing from the center. I'd replace with whatever's handy, since the manufacturer probably did just that originally.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  18. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

6th photo from the top, little flower with the pearl in the middle, I have one just like that. I think in Serbia we call that filigran, not sure of English term. All beautiful. I think 8th photo is the same technique.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  19. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Reading previous posts.. filigree. Thanks

Ownedbybear likes this.
  20. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted