More Furniture for Appraising

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by TheFoxRocks, Mar 31, 2023.

1. TheFoxRocks

TheFoxRocks New Member

Hello again,

Hey guys as many of you know I am currently going through my fathers house and I am finding more and more stuff. I recently cleaned out our detached garage and found some interesting stuff. Unfortunately as you can see it is not in good shape. It is sad because I know a lot of this stuff is going to end up at the landfill.

Anyway, I was hoping this awesome community could help me once again and make certain that I am not throwing away a piece of history or anything of value. I remember my father talking about this 'cabinet' and some of the other stuff. As you can see from one of the pictures a rodent of some sort seems to have added his/her own touch by chewing off the back leg, which I can only imagine adds unseen value to the piece. I will leave that to you guys though.

2. TheFoxRocks

TheFoxRocks New Member

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Oh dear. That poor furniture got rode hard and put away wet. If I had it here it would all land in the Free pile at the end of the drive, and what didn't get taken would be picked up on bulk trash day. The chair with the spring seat is over 100 years old by now, but it's a mess.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. TheFoxRocks

TheFoxRocks New Member

This website has some functionality problems to say the least. It must be an antique.

Anyway this is news that I expected. I thank you for stopping by. Like I said, I just wanted to make sure before getting rid of this stuff. I may try to salvage the chest and use it for something.

Most of the stuff I have been posting came from my grand parents house and my father just stored it away and forgot about it. I have been better about getting rid of things and thankful for that. I try to sell or find homes for things wherever and whenever I can.

komokwa likes this.
  6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Sorry Fox-Those mice were on steroids.
    PS-Condolences on your Dad.Did the same thing for my Pa-it's a lot of work.

7. TheFoxRocks

TheFoxRocks New Member

Thank you. Yeah, I loved my father but he had a serious problem getting rid of anything. It may have been squirrels, because we have seen them in there before. Looks like they had a nice home in the loft area where this stuff was stored. They had every stud, gap and crevice packed full of crap. Literally insulated that building better than a lot of professionals could have.

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with the above. The trunk doesn't look too bad. If the Victrola has the machine intact, someone may want the parts.

TheFoxRocks likes this.
  9. TheFoxRocks

TheFoxRocks New Member

Thanks Brad and everyone else. The condition of this stuff is unfortunate but I appreciate the help nonetheless. The Victrola, chair and some other stuff went down with the garbage today. I am sure I will probably locate some other stuff around here. Fortunately all that stuff is stored in closets with packing peanuts, newspaper etc.

10. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Better luck with the stuff stored in the closets,it only takes one great piece !

TheFoxRocks likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted