More Glass...help!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DivasFinds, Dec 27, 2018.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

20181227_204106.jpg 20181227_195418-756x1008.jpg 20181227_204121.jpg 20181227_204140.jpg 20181227_204201.jpg 20181227_204221.jpg 20181227_204448.jpg 20181227_204457.jpg 20181227_204519.jpg More glass I'm unsure about. I'VE numbered it to make it easy to comment. And, I have the donation truck coming tomorrow and would love to get rid of the undesirable pieces....opinions please? What's worth keeping/selling (if any of it)?? TIA!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    i need help and Chiquita like this.
  2. DivasFinds

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Love #2 .. #4 and #9 ... :) ... Joy.

4. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

No. 1 is interesting. I haven't seen anything like it before - not that that means a lot. What is the woman holding - a child? And is it just a decorative figurine or a useful object. The bottom is clear glass which could mean it is a glass or container of some kind if held up the other way. Hmmmm . . . I'd consider keeping this one until you find out something about it.

5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I think #6 is Jeanette glass diamond or cube pattern

6. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

No.#1 looks like the kind of thing found in the center of a float bowl.

7. DivasFinds

Holding a child, and it's a bell actually.

8. DivasFinds

Joy, I also really like 4 and 9! I was considering keeping one or both of them just to keep on my vanity for earrings or whatever...4 is just retro cool, 9 has such an unusual shape to it, it is interesting.

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  9. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

For no 3 check tassel motif here http://www.eapgs.org/patterns/

Try Tarentum Glass for the last one often called an olive or relish.

I think no 1 is a bell missing is clapper. the wire/chain was glued in and easy to lose.

10. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

#6 is either Fostoria American or Indiana(Colony) Whitehall. You have to compare dimensions for known items. Jeannette Cube is usually depression green or pink

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi CRS,
    Count the seams. If there are three it is American by Fostoria. If two it is Indiana or Jeanette. There is lots of crystal Jeanette here on the east coast.
    greg

12. *crs*

Hi Greg,
    That is what I thought but I've been told by several that the seams are only significant on stemware/drinkware. also, I can't see how many seams are on #6 via this picture

13. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi CRS,
    It is the same on the bowls. I have been collecting American for over 40 years. I sold most of mine 9 years ago when I moved. I kept the 18" punch bowl and stand.
    I bought the punch bowl and stand and 15 cups for 3 bucks at a flea market. The punch bowl gleams like a diamond this time of year. Fostoria started making American in 1918. My favorite piece was the pitcher and wash bowl but the guy offered me a ridiculously high price and I had no room for it. I figured that I could always buy another but have only seen one and that was mine.
    greg

14. *crs*

Greg,
    WOW! I've seen many pieces of American over the years but never a wash bowl & pitcher set. Great deal on the punch set!!
    Carl

15. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

No. 2 is Cambridge Glass, Martha blank, footed open sugar. Or at least it looks like a sugar, unless it's a lot larger than it looks in the photo.

16. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

The base of that bowl isn't right to be Fostoria American. American bowls have star bases. Also, if it was American it would look like a better piece of glass.

Diva, is that your car in the background? Taking photos in the garage, perhaps? The windows in my garage are too dirty to let in good light, LOL!

Christmasjoy and *crs* like this.
  17. DivasFinds

20181227_200241-756x1008.jpg
    Shot glass for comparison

Christmasjoy likes this.
  18. DivasFinds

Yes sir it is....its for sale too, wanna buy?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  19. DivasFinds

Little update....based on your suggestions George, did a little research on ebay and found my exact berry bowls....antique EAPG (?) Greentown glass teardrop and tassel berry bowls....missing master bowl unfortunately! But should glow green under a black light? We'll see!

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  20. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

the information you need is on the eapgs reference. You do not need to be a member to use it. As a reference it is much better than ebay.

Draft saved Draft deleted