More needle work

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by mdlock, May 25, 2019.

1. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

any guess on age? couple1.jpg couple2.jpg couple3.jpg coupleback.jpg coupleback2.jpg couplelflowers.jpg

cxgirl and scoutshouse like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

At a guess, Id think 1920s. What are they embroidered on? Round pillow covers?

Debora

Figtree3 and scoutshouse like this.
  3. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

no they were in old round frames couple.jpg

judy, scoutshouse and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks like 1970s. Stuff like that I did on plane trips in the 60s and 70s. I have astigmatism and was not able to read on planes but did a lot of needlework on trips.
    greg

judy, Aquitaine, scoutshouse and 2 others like this.
  5. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

im more along 1920's or 30's I will dig out the frames and they were pretty old with looked like hand made nails to hold in frame.

6. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

been wrong before

7. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

was hoping some of the colors would give it away

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

After closer look... Going to revise my dating to a bit later. I think 1930s as above is correct. That's based upon the puffed sleeves which were "a hallmark of the decade." And the shape of the hat (exaggerated below.) If it were 1920s, she'd more likely be wearing a cloche.

Debora

gay_90s_party_1930s_postcard-r1c59ccbc1d7442b881518e4ae7d45d94_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted