Featured More odd beads- black tribal type necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, May 3, 2022.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Tribal or tourist ? Any help welcome please.
    I have absolutely no idea what search terms to use to research these beads!
    Some sort of clay possibly but have quite a strong smell that I can’t place.
    To begin with I thought they were wood but they are imprinted with a design and each bead is slightly different.
    If anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear them. Thankyou :)
    D09328D3-1752-41CD-9E20-4F2BD22FB004.jpeg 32B90694-AE9E-4C64-B94A-B8EA5924E187.jpeg 3BAB7C70-0078-4678-89D5-4A41A9138008.jpeg F85E64F2-B9DF-4E12-8C49-F9BE18F79550.jpeg CE21D7E6-EF54-4AFB-9B42-A8D857829799.jpeg

BoudiccaJones, Ce BCA and kyratango like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Barro negro from Oaxaca, México. With that info you'll be able to find others.

Debora

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:woot:Aren't these girls a treasure of knowledge!!! Nowhere else than on ANTIQUERS!:bookworm:

5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Amazing! Thankyou :kiss:

kyratango likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The Ruby Lane pricing is -- how shall we say? -- a tad aggressive. eBay will give you a better idea of collector interest.

Debora

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

As usual.:playful: I call it ambitious. Overly ambitious.

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Lol, I only ever take notice of eBay sold prices. Discount the top and the bottom and aim somewhere in the middle.
    First dibs is hilarious for pricing. Some real space cadet sellers on there :rolleyes::hilarious:
    I’ll probably list them at 9.99 and see if they shift. I don’t really want them hanging around:yuck:
    Thankyou though, I would never have ID’d them without help. I even struggled to title this thread. ‘Odd black beads’ was about as descriptive as I could manage!.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Aquitaine like this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

We are very lucky to have such amazing people who generously share their knowledge :)

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thank goodness.....I was thinking the reason for the smell might have been real fish bones!!!!!!! Might never have sold then!!!:hungover::bigtears::hilarious:

BoudiccaJones, Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

They would have hit the bin PDQ if they were :yuck:.
    I have learned to be eminently suspicious of all jewellery now I know about some of the dubious materials used!.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted