More silver games!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jul 22, 2020.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I figured I'd share a few more recent purchases since silver prices are shooting to the moon. I still have my fingers crossed that someone on this forum will try what i'm doing and post their results. So, let's start with this bracelet. Listed for $6 online, try to use your 'googling skills' to figure out what we are looking at here (bonus points if you know exactly what we are looking at):

bracelet.jpg bracelet2.jpg bracelet3.jpg

On to game 2!

This game is similar to my last one, try to list "most likely to be silver" to "least likely to be silver" by the numbers associated with the photo:

3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Houseful and cxgirl like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Nice Bracelet (K)

3. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Kronos....you are fast! you are accurate!...I think that (K) means something here ;)

Houseful and cxgirl like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed it does! (But you knew that - and WHAT it means, right?)

Who would sell that for $6 ????!!!

cxgirl and MrNate like this.
  5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Yes, I definitely figured out exactly what it means thanks to google images search and the right keywords. And who would sell it for $6....I wish I could share all my finds without clogging up this forum as my own selfish "tell all"...like who would sell a Gorham 840 gram sterling silver tray and ship it to me for $63 earlier this month....I'm constantly battling this question in my mind: if i post this do I sound like i'm just bragging or am I inspiring someone else to go find treasure?

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Okay, found the bracelet and company, never heard of them before but you done good on that purchase Mr Nate:)

OMG, please share all your finds:) Not bragging at all, it is a delight to see what you find:) I'm sure it has inspired some folks to do the same, me for one but I'm not finding much in my neck of the woods. Seeing your scores lets us know that good stuff is out there if you look hard enough:)
    Now I'm off to look at the pieces and see if I can figure out what is silver:)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Houseful and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

usually I'm late to your games Mr Nate, excited to see I'm on time to make my guesses:)
    ok, my guesses are:
    #6, 7, 8 & 12, are most likely to be silver (I think)
    #15 (pitcher) maybe, salt and peppers maybe, #1 maybe, looks like some marks/pitting inside, not sure if that means anything
    the serving pieces I would think not silver but I've been wrong many a time before:)
    waiting with baited breath to see if I struck silver:)

8. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

Wow @MrNate
    the bracelet was an easy google. Nice find. though the weight is not mentioned
    The company does not seem entirely unheard off. Has some stuff sold on ruby lane as well. Though i have never heard of them.

#18 is my guess. remember seeing someone else showing a similar item on this forum but i could be wrong.
    #15 #19 - only because its tarnished so badly. I always have hope on extremely tarnished silver

Houseful likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I like 6, 16 & maybe 13. But if they're at Mr. Nate's, I'm sure there are many.

10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

11. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Keep finding and showing please mrnate, it inspires me to look at everything in the charity shops. I occasionally I find something there but pick up mostly from the jumbles.
    Silver guesses 14 and 12.

PortableTreasures likes this.
  12. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Well, I found the "K" bracelet, a similar one sold for a bit over a hundred bucks, (what's the melt value in dollars?) but because it's not stated here, the name has already slipped my mind. I have a hard time to think all of that stuff's not silver.
    But it it was, I think you'd have taken it to melt it today! ;)

13. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Are the salt and pepper shakers by Tiffany? I have a pair in sterling by Tiffany that is very similar.

antidiem likes this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of the company, too new, but apparently they like dolphins.

For silver... 4, 7, 12, and whatever number those salt and peppers are. They pitcher makes me wonder but... I don't generally get that lucky.

antidiem likes this.
  15. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

I feel like the slow one in the class. I thought my Google skills were pretty good. What does the K mean?

16. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

That's okay. The key to find this one is to search something like sterling silver dolphin bracelet and scroll through google images until you find a match. There's a couple identical ones you will see, one is on the actual company website and lists the makers name. If you want me to spoil it, just let me know and I'll say the name.

17. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone who played the two games or attempted to play them. Especially impressive was the number of folks that figured out the bracelet. Made by a company I had also never heard of, but if you want to get this bracelet brand new, it can be yours for the low low price of $1,063. I think fair market should be around $200-$250:

https://wildlifewonders.com/dolphinbracelet050/

For the second game, I won't bore you with the details of asking and receiving photos of the lot. I guessed well on items that I thought were silver, but this was a slow and patient deal. It was a full 13 days between my first message to the seller and when we made a deal. Between that time, they sold a bunch of items in the lot, so we agreed on a price and he shipped me this group:

1.jpg

Some items in the photo I knew would be silver based on our discussion, and I added in a couple others hoping to get lucky on one or two more. Here's what I ended up with; price was $150:

IMG_6154.JPG IMG_6155.JPG IMG_6156.JPG IMG_6157.JPG IMG_6158.JPG IMG_6159.JPG

cxgirl likes this.
  18. Roshan

Roshan Member

Wow nice work.
    None of my guesses were right :arghh:

what about the jug. Was it plated or EPNS
    Even that huge dish. What did it turn out to be finally. That must a heavy item.

PortableTreasures and MrNate like this.
  19. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Having a closer look at the salt & pepper shakers, it's obvious they are not by Tiffany. They just don't look "fine" enough.

MrNate likes this.
  20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great score Mr Nate:)

MrNate likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted