MORE THINGS FROM M.P. AUCTION - U.S. & IRAQI MP ARMBANDS, HOLSTERS, RADIO HELMET

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by journeymagazine, Mar 30, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Went back to my friend's 2nd hand furniture store to see what other stuff he might have found from a unit he won at auction that I found & bought a MP's dress uniform out of - and found this stuff.
    American & Iraqi(?) MP armbands, holsters & a cool flight deck helmet radio (maybe a souvenir?)
    Plus there's more things still in the garbage bag I filled for $80(!) - that I haven't looked closely at yet.
    Any info would be appreciated!

COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 4AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 5AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 6AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 6CAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 6CAAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 6DAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE MILITARY A GROUP 6CAAAA.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a beret with a Northwest Coast eagle on it.......... ya got my attention...:wideyed::wideyed:

gun collectors should go for the holsters....

3. komokwa

4. journeymagazine

Weird - Iraq MP armbands but still in bag are a pair of extreme cold gloves & a army Alaska pin, and some other things I'm not sure of

5. journeymagazine

The Alaska pin looks like the patch on the beret!

6. journeymagazine

I tried to find info on beret patch (Northwest coast eagle) - I found something about it representing the army in Alaska but can't find it now; komowka what does the patch represent? Was he a MP in Alaska?
    Thank you

7. komokwa

Enlisted Soldiers wear their Distinctive Unit Insignias, more commonly called unit crests, centered on the beret flash, with the exception of certain Command Sergeant Majors and the Sergeant Major of the Army. Soldiers whose units do not have an assigned unit crest will wear their Regimental Distinctive Insignia in its place.

Whatever it is.....it's from the Westcoast..... & most of what I could find..... related to security or MP's.....

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

Thank you!

komokwa likes this.
  9. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

All cool stuff. The Army crest looks like this one:
    https://www.milfordarmynavy.com/product_p/4503800.htm
    and it agrees it's Alaska related. That web page also narrows down your date range: "The distinctive unit insignia was originally authorized for the U.S. Army, Alaska on 11 May 1970. It was rescinded on 28 Sep 1976. The insignia was reinstated on 7 May 1996."

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  10. journeymagazine

Has to be after '96 - the Iraqi pieces & he was in for 9 years
    Thanks for the link!

11. komokwa

GOOD FIND Sir...........good find !!!!!!!:happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted