Featured Murano and Co.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by flipper, Mar 8, 2020.

1. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I bought this beautiful lamp some years ago at a garage sale for $5. The person selling it thought it was very "gauche", which, of course, translated into "I love it" to me. I've searched and then searched and have found similar glass, but usually with amber in it, and never the same shape 9crop9.jpg 9crop9.jpg 2crop2.jpg 3crop3.jpg 4crop4.jpg 6crop6.jpg 8crop8.jpg 7crop7.jpg of my globes. Please have a look and shower me with all your wisdom so I can finally know if what I have it what I think I have and if there is another example of it out there!
    Thanks

2. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Plug looks 70's or so?

Where did you get "Murano and Co." for a title? I can't see that you've provided a picture of any marking?

Figtree3 and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. flipper

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Figtree3 likes this.
  6. flipper

carlo.jpg What I really wish is if someone could find a floor lamp like mine...it has been VERY elusive.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    judy likes this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Murano is an island near Venice, not a specific company. There are many glass companies on Murano. Looks like Mazzega is the name you want. I get the impression they ordered the glass from a Murano company but marketed it under their own name.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Is it marked Murano? And where is the amber? Also is it a floor lamp or a table lamp?

Debora

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maybe start a new thread about this one, @flipper ? Or are you saying this is one you found that is similar to the first one you posted?

10. flipper

Carlo Nason was born in Italy in 1935. His family is renowned to be passionate about Murano glass. Consequently, he became interested in this beautiful material. He was really curious and appreciated to learn from different style such as modern design. He decided to combine different technical to create original and innovative pieces. During his entire carrier, he worked for great companies. During the 1970 and the 1980, he chose Mazzega to develop his collection.
    This is from the first link...so CARLO NASON.

Then I showed a link to Charish which showed a lot of his work, such as
    this one
    [​IMG] For an example

Then I showed an ebay listed for a Mazzega item which showed the closest match to the globes/shades on my floor lamp (with the infamous amber color that I keep finding)
    [​IMG]
    And finally, I gave you all the link to all the work
    listed to see examples for yourselves.

The picture of the floor lamp with the single globe is by Carlo Nason for Murano Glass...bringing the connection full circle. Hence the title,
    Murano and Co. :)

11. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

That is a WONDERFUL lamp! I LOVE it. What a great find. Congratulations. I don't know anything about it, but I wanted to tell you how much I love it.

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So... you've attributed your lamp to Carlo Nason for Murano Glass because of something similar you found on the internet? Ah, and you're looking for confirmation of your attribution. I get it.

Debora

13. flipper

carlo nasson murano glass mezzega.jpg
    This one is the closest CARLO NASON MURANO GLASS FOR MEZZEGA

14. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

I really like it! Not my taste; but I really like it! It looks like a Finnish design to me. They seem to like things that look like winter... icicles, snow, frost...

Good luck in your search!
    Leslie

15. flipper

Thank you very much, plaid and Northern...I really like it, also.

Draft saved Draft deleted