Murano figurine pair - signature help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Apr 20, 2017.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I've looked at the Glass Encyclopedia (20th Century Glass) and the Glass Queries Gallery, plus a Google or two. I can't find any squiggles that seems to match. The only word I can read clearly is Murano. I'm guessing the middle bit might be a date, but could also be a catalog number I suppose.

And would you call this "sommerso"? Thanks!

IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Looks like an HG or HY to me. The middle does look like a date August something of 2001 maybe.

3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

OMG,I want,I want !Those are spectacular !

judy likes this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

Thanks for that link. I've found a whole bunch that are similar, but those are dead ringers. They have a sticker which says "Vetro Artistico Murano". Too bad they don't have any info about the signature. And, of course, that company is not listed on their artists list on the main page. LOL

EDIT: I just looked it up, and that's the generic "Genuine Murano Glass" sticker, not an artist name.

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I do not know if this will help, but I sold a pair of these a few years back & one of them had a sticker on the hat. My were done in Adventurine, but they are the same shapes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Bakersgma and UncleChuckTX like this.
  7. UncleChuckTX

Thanks Peggy! I'll add that company to my research list.

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not really Sommerso. Those are like the little chinese mushrooms in Fantasia.

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

Date looks like o8-18-2008 the bottom of "8" in the year clearer on the first figure, the top of the "8" clearer on second one.

I agree it looks like H.G. Initials.

10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Europeans have the date of 10-08-2008 only the US uses the month day and year The rest of the world uses day month and year.
    greg

komokwa and Dukewright like this.
  11. UncleChuckTX

Thanks everyone for the help. I was wondering about the date code, if it would be October instead of August. I also found a couple of sites with signature examples, where some last names were written first. I'm trying to keep that in mind while looking for HG / GH artist and company names.

Draft saved Draft deleted