Featured Murano Glass Jewelry?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

any value in selling these? Although they are neat I want to keep them but I have too much building up. A hint at what I can list them for ?? 75401CEF-59FB-4146-B238-B13437FBD45A.jpeg 1444CF61-9449-4FBA-88B9-3F8711A4264B.jpeg AADE1B67-A810-43C2-AEDB-2235C82DB0A0.jpeg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

These just look like simple lampworkmbeads, can look at what similar loose beads sold for on ebay and get an idea of value.

i need help, Bakersgma, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. MadeMuranoGlass

MadeMuranoGlass New Member

As far I can see the beads are made with "lume" technic. The small beads could be the so called "conterie". Besides the setup work it should not be so much value...
    It could gain more value if made by famous glass maker...

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

thanks @MadeMuranoGlass i thought that simple technique was called lampwork

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome @MadeMuranoGlass .
    Lampwork is called lume in Italian, after the burner used in making lampwork glass. So it is the correct Murano term, but as far as I know both terms are right.
    Conterie is made from glass canes or rods. I hope I explained that correctly, @MadeMuranoGlass .:)

I don't think these are Murano though.
    The bracelet looks Indian or Indonesian (East Java) to me. One of the beads looks like a mala Guru bead.
    I like the necklace. It could be from Asia too, with those silver(tone) spacers and the hook clasp. My guess would be either China or East Java for the glass beads. East Java has been manufacturing trade beads for over 2000 years. These are recent, of course.:)

The beads which are just showing in the corner of the first photos could be Murano.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    i need help, Bakersgma, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi MadeMuranoGlass!

Welcome to Antiquers............

i need help and reader like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

If you need a description, the bumpy ones are lampwork sputnik.
    I agree they look modern.

8. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

If it helps, in bead collector/archaeology/anthropology vernacular, the ones with flowers are called "fancies," the ones also called sputnik are called "eye beads" and the ones with rings, "annular."

My guess is that the beads in both the necklace and bracelet in the main photo area were made in India. Is there white powder in the perforation (hole)? They could also have been made by one of the many lamp winder bead makers here in the states, so then, I'd look to the clasp, the thread (any plastic filament?), etc.

The bracelet, necklace or strand that curve in on the right side, is what interests me. Can you provide more images of that? Am thinking so far possibly Venice but more likely Japan in the 1950s? I'd need to see more.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted