murano glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cliff Sharker, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Cliff Sharker

Cliff Sharker New Member

thumbnail_image (1).png thumbnail_image (9).png thumbnail_image (4).png thumbnail_image (6).png

Hi to all,

Just wondering if any one can help me out here.

I have these Murano glasses. They came from my grand mother who was married to an Italian . I do not know when they were acquired but I figure anywhere between 40 -70 years ago.

Just wondering if someone could possibly point me to a place where I can have them appraised or if someone knows an approximate value range please or if they are considered desirable by their appearance.

There are no markings on them . There are 5 red ones and 6 blue ones. One red one broke.

Hope I am not breaking any rules of the forum.

Thank you so much for any help .

LauraGarnet02 and Figtree3 like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Cliff. I will tag one of our members who knows Murano glass for you: @Ownedbybear .

LauraGarnet02 and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

These were made in both Italy and also Czechoslovakia. The flower styles can be a pointer to which country. They were sold widely as tourist souvenirs, from the fifties on. Very pretty things, but not much value sadly.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

And I posted literally at the same time as aj tagged me!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've run into plenty of these. Alas never managed to sell any.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My family bought a set of similar one when we visited Italy in the early 80's or maybe the late 70's.

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted