Featured My Aunt Dee's boyfriend, Sid, on his Indian motorcycle

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I'd been looking for this photo for awhile. This was probably taken in the early 1960s when they were both about 65 years old. This was an amazing bike. There was a sidecar with it, but my Aunt wouldn't ride in it. She'd been in a sidecar in the 1920s that let go and ran off the road so she didn't trust them. They went everywhere on this machine until they were in their 80s. They never married, but were together for 30 years. I just thought some of our bike enthusiasts might like to see it. 2015-01-17 16.19.15.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast, but always appreciate reading about a great LOVE story! :cat:

scoutshouse, kyratango, judy and 6 others like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Nice photo! Thanks for sharing it here. And I'm glad you found it!

scoutshouse, kyratango and judy like this.
  4. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

bike and story: so cool! :happy:

scoutshouse and kyratango like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I love this photo, a picture of my oldest sister sitting on the fender of my father's car. She was born in 1943 :)

MEOnShinyCar.jpg

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Love the story AND the bike, Bev!!! DH also LOVES the bike!!!!!

And Marie, what a darling picture of your oldest sister!!!!! She looks like she could have been a stand in for Shirley Temple!!!!!

scoutshouse and antidiem like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted