Featured My First Spode Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mungo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mungo

Mungo Active Member

Just sharing today. I found my very first spode set at a thrift store! Its a small victory, but a feel-good moment for a new antique reseller. Yay!

Small coffee set of Demitasse + Saucers I found a couple days ago. It's a pretty young set, registered 1960's or so, but hey, I'll take it.

spode.jpg spode1.jpg spode2.jpg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Very nice, Mungo!
    Seem to be in good condition, too! :singing:

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Mungo, it's very pretty! Best of luck with it!

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Those are lovely.
    If you can't sell them as a set. You might try selling in pairs. You'll actually realize more dollars that way.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Really nice, I wouldn't mind 1960s with a set like this.:)

6. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Very nice! Congratulations!

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Charming. (And useful.)

Debora

8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

They would be a hit here in Louisiana.

Christmasjoy, pearlsnblume and Mungo like this.
  9. Mungo

Mungo Active Member

Thanks, guys! Glad everyone likes it, I know I do.

@clutteredcloset49 I don't have a very good shipping solution for things like single saucers atm, but these are all definitely small enough to go first class individually. Weirdly enough, I do have some good experience shipping massive sets of china together, so I tend to do that and call it "savings" that i don't have to pay shipping individually on each item, but I suppose I could start experimenting with individual pieces or pairs.

If anyone does have a good box solution for things like B&B, Salad Plates, or Soup bowls, i'm all ears, because I can't seem to find sources of cheap boxes (.50c or less) that fit these things, and i'm not paying Uline $300 per order for free shipping. The free small priority boxes are just small enough to fit saucers but nothing larger, and i always want those going first class. Then the next size up goes straight to 2x the size of a dinner plate. Ugh. Can't win.

Draft saved Draft deleted