MY LAST THRIFT FIND B4 STORE CLOSED DUE TO VIRUS - LARGE THAI(?) TAPESTRY WITH HAND SEWN SEQUINS

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 23, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store Friday (1 of the last thing I bought - the next day the store was closed with a sign saying they'd reopen after virus fear).

I think it's a tapestry? & it looks like it was made with hand sewn sequins. It's also...puffy(?) in the middle - why?

it's big, too: 43" x 23" frame & 39" x 19" artwork inside

The cloth you can see in the back looks really old - any idea of it's age?
    Where it's from?
    Is it a tapestry?
    Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

PS - My girlfriend is thrilled - with all the thrift stores closed I will finally have to start going through the stuff I've acuminated to sell on ebay!

ART TAPESTRY THAI 1A_AAZZ.JPG ART TAPESTRY THAI 1AA.JPG ART TAPESTRY THAI 2AA.JPG ART TAPESTRY THAI 3AA.JPG

2. journeymagazine

I trimmed a photo so you could see it close up & then forgot to post it! Sorry.

ART TAPESTRY THAI 1AAZZAAZZAZ.JPG

judy likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

How much did you pay for it? After looking at the examples provided by INHs link...was it a Thrifty purchase? I have an elephant from a garage sale years ago and I think I paid $7. The puffy is like a quilting and gives it depth. Very cool.

judy likes this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

6. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

My ex got rid of me partly for brining too much back. The one silver lining is definitely a forced break from acquiring so quickly. The time to it and list was needed lol.

8. journeymagazine

I paid $14.95 for it!

9. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted