Featured My Wee Collection of Porcelain Pins and Plaques

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kentworld, Feb 27, 2024.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, in reference to the Sevres-like porcelain plaques posted a couple of days ago, I'm posting the similar one that I have. It has an impressed mark which I think is Grrman, but I can't decipher the letters in the shield. Along with it I'm posting other porcelain pins -- one which is impressed Astra on the back and IIRC it is Minton. I may have a possible Ruskin as well. Anyway, on ebay some were described as "porcelain cameos." brooch h.jpg brooch h.jpg brooch i.jpg brooches 10.jpg

2. kentworld

Hang on, I've got to search for the other photo!:D

bercrystal and Bronwen like this.
  3. kentworld

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I see only one cameo. The word is frequently used incorrectly for a miniature.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Are there two Ruskins in that last photo?

kentworld, johnnycb09 and Chinoiserie like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The first one may represent the Three Graces & is signed B. Herb.

kentworld, johnnycb09 and Chinoiserie like this.
  7. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

the mark is hutschenreuther -

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful collection, kent.:happy: Love the possible Ruskin(s) and the crazy Art Deco one too.

kentworld and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The Ruskin cabochons aren’t always Ruskin, they were also sold later as kits.

Mott did some nice porcelain pieces.

Houseful, kentworld and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

btw - I got a major plaque score this weekend - it measures 7 1/4 X 5 1/2 - it has impressed number but no other mark - I did find similar one online attributing to KPM - but my thought is that it is Hutschenreuther as well…

IMG_3048.jpeg

11. kentworld

Thanks! I thought it was -- just hadn't looked up the mark.

12. kentworld

Yes, it was the way I searched on ebay for the miniatures -- more of them came up under that title.

Bronwen likes this.
  13. kentworld

Would be nice to know, but the backs are covered by the metal. My suspicion is that the blue one may be, but it's in the lesser quality brooch surround. The red one on the right is the Minton Astra.

14. kentworld

The crazy art deco one and the modern one next to it are actually Hutschenreuther. I sold my Rosenthal ones. They're fun.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  15. kentworld

Must look up Mott. Will be my learned something new today, LOL! The old fashioned floral china brooches are by various makers, but the upper 2 on the right are Royal Worcester. (Some were given to me as gifts. Always thought them to be old-fashioned and too fussy. However, I don't wear them and they look fun in a group)

komokwa likes this.
  16. kentworld

That is lovely. Hutschenreuther was a major producer of blanks. The KPM ones that I've seen are marked.

Rclinftl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted