Mysterious Antique Chair Celtic..Viking..Scott..??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by BTZ64, Feb 23, 2020.

?

Does this Chair might be Celtic..Viking..Scott..??

1. Approximative Period of making..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What type of wood and leather..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Here I am back as Btz64....And happy to have been helped to continue with you all...
    This Antique Chair is available near by my home...for a very descent Price...
    But not a clue if it is a Celtic..Viking or Scott furniture chair...For sure it is very old.
    Covered with thick leather and brass diamond nails..??
    Unfortunately this chair is not in a very good shape...Leather Cracked...some cigarettes burns on the arms...Well....Still looks good and decorative...
    A restoration will destroy the over look of this chair.....I think...Plus big cost..??
    Please give me your feedback,advises and acknowledgement

This Chair is 1 meter 07cm H The sit 62x50cm

Are those type of chairs Collectable..?? If Yes where..??

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

So who were you before?

BTZ64 and judy like this.
  4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Had made a mistake by writing my Name and Surname as Antiquers Nickname...And noticed that my photos and Threads were on the web...If you were typing Jacques.B.....That is why I changed.jb

5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

So the ones that I have handled with the studded (tacked) leather and scrolled stiles have been Spanish or Italian in walnut. I guess it could be Scottish. One chair here in the states does not sell well.

Any Jewelry and BTZ64 like this.
  6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks very much for your response....This one is not in a very good shape anyway..They ask 50 Eur for it....What do you thing is the Period..?? 1700?? or before...Maybe Spanish Armada Chair from a boat..Just guessing..??

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Try googling Spanish Revival. Someone that can tell you more will be along.

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think early 20th century at best.

lloyd249, Darkwing Manor and BTZ64 like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:D
    I think there wasn't much left of the Armada ships that were shipwrecked on the Irish islands.
    But I would say a Spanish chair, guess 1930s. Not necessarily revival, I think the Spanish kept on making these. So just traditional Spanish imo. 50 Eur is too much.

lloyd249 and BTZ64 like this.
  10. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks...But look so old...Good to know is 1930

11. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Ohh Yeah ...It was a joke for Armada...Frankly thought that might have been realy Older....But Thanks for the advise...Won't spend a coin on it...jb

anundverkaufen and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I know. Nice for a flight of fantasy though.:playful:

BTZ64 likes this.
  13. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

14. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

15. flipper

Yes, I think they do look much like the example I've shared. The leather on your backs do not cover the top of the ears, however?

BTZ64 likes this.
  16. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

did the pics disappear?

BTZ64 likes this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@blooey, Click on the little link in his 2nd post down.......

blooey and lloyd249 like this.
  18. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Think my today's morning photos didn't give the real Obvious state aspect of this chair....For Me..( I Might be wrong...) Nothing to do with 1930 Furniture....only the Patinanon Wood and Leather...This piece has it all !! ....This Chair ,Can speak..Sweat..and even more (despite having been maltreated for so many years...) Has an older Story Origin for sure which I have not yet been convinced to prove or find facts ....But The bottom line as everything is proof and facts.....I am looking forward to dig deeper on this subject..In order to share it with you all as further Acknowledgement and research accordingly together.....No doubt ....You might be right..!! But for me never a 1930 Piece

19. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Given raffia stuffing, Spanish I'd think. And certainly not old. Might be old-ish. Non-traditional elements... Those oval nail-heads scream modern. As does the leather detail that climbs up/down arms and legs. If I'd have to guess, I'd say 1950s or even 1960s.

Debora

Any Jewelry and BTZ64 like this.
  20. flipper

Draft saved Draft deleted