Mystery antique tool need help to identify, Please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MarthaS2, Jun 5, 2022.

1. MarthaS2

MarthaS2 New Member

Mystery antique tool, need help to identify, Please

I found this item in my Great Grandfathers toolbox who was a master carpenter. I have spent hours searching and I cannot find anything that describes it. It has a rubber handle, with “2oz” on it, 3 1/4” long x 2” wide x 1 7/8” deep just a red cap. The metal is hollow. I cannot find any identifying marks,5 7/8” long x 3/8” wide x 3/8” deep, just the metal. Total 9 3/8” length x 2” wide x 3/8 deep. I did think maybe a type of hand drill? Please help! Thank you!! M

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    bercrystal likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Pictures? You'll need to embed the ones you put in the Gallery into this thread. Click on the little camera in the tool bar and follow the instructions.

Welcome, Martha!

bercrystal and KSW like this.
  3. MarthaS2

MarthaS2 New Member

Sorry will fix right now.

bercrystal and KSW like this.
  4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

rubber bulb dust blower

5. Jon L

Jon L Well-Known Member

Yep. Used for fine detail creation on soft wood. You have any pix of his work? Master craftsmen do amazing work. My grandfather worked wood and built grandfather clocks as a side biz.

bercrystal, MarthaS2 and KSW like this.
  6. MarthaS2

MarthaS2 New Member

Thank you for your reply! I am in the process of tracking down some of his work currently through my Aunt. He did work on some well-known landmarks here in Oregon Crown Point, Pittock Mansion, and Timberline Lodge. I am in the process of donating his tools and I have to identify them in order to donate them. Here is a picture of his Makers Mark Stamp and him working at the Pittock Mansion. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

BoudiccaJones and bercrystal like this.
  7. MarthaS2

MarthaS2 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply!!! This helps me a lot!

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted