Mystery Chinese tiger? Mark on tea pot

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Semperfiincausa, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Semperfiincausa

Semperfiincausa New Member

IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0551.JPG I purchased this tea pot at a garage sale near San Francisco California. I have diligently searched for a tea pot like it and the marking located on the bottom.
    Does anyone recognize it?
    The tea pot still has some of the original blue enamel on the handel. The top and bottom are rounded. There are ten flat sides around it and what looks like the front half of a tiger, metal mark on the bottom. I believe it is copper over bronz? Very thick and heavy for a tea pot.

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

How is that a tiger...I see a bird...:wacky::wacky:

It looks like someone went to great lengths to polish it..!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Semperfiincausa

It does look shinier in the picture. I took it with the flash on.
    Bird???

4. Semperfiincausa

5. Semperfiincausa

Maybe a Chinese dog?????

judy likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Semperfi.
    I have no reason to believe the teapot or the mark have anything to do with China, Feng Shui, a tiger, or a dog.
    It is made of thick copper, somewhere in the Middle East, Pakistan or India. The mark is a maker's mark. With the multitude of metalworkers in that part of the world it is impossible to find out who made it.
    Blue enamel is very popular in Punjab, a region in both Pakistan and India. That doesn't mean that it can't be from another part of the Middle East, Pakistan or India.

Bakersgma, komokwa and judy like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like a dragon with a large spotted tail curling around........to me..............:rolleyes:

zIMG_0551a.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    judy likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looked like a bird with heavy eyebrows to me, like an Australian tawny frogmouth, looking a bit sleepy here:
    [​IMG]

Sometimes they open their eyes:
    [​IMG]

Aquitaine, komokwa, SBSVC and 2 others like this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HaHa!!!! I think we ALL have very creative, artistic imaginations!!!!!!:joyful::smuggrin::happy::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::cool::p:D

Edit: AND my apologies @Semperfiincausa, forgot to say WELCOME to the SITE!!!!! Aside from trying to figure out what's what in individual's postings, we do tend to have some fun in the process!!!!

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  10. Semperfiincausa

Thank you everyone, for the humorous welcoming , and thank you Any Jewelry, for the information. Your right it is made of heavy copper. I had not thought of the Middle East. I will check out some sites from there. Maybe, I will find something. Always, enjoying the hunt and humor.

judy, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.