Mystery czechoslovakia Jug mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JDNetwork, Nov 16, 2021.

1. JDNetwork

JDNetwork New Member

i have looked at a few sites but found nothing, any ideas ?

Attached Files:

2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Please show what the top of the jug looks like and state the size.

4. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

There was a very good reply by Chris Marshall on an ebay discussion identifying it as H. Reinl.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archi...-Crown-mark-and-Initials/m-p/25298209#M106116

upload_2021-11-16_13-34-51.png
    "Shown mark represents the initials "HR" which originally stood for the proprietor, Mr. H. Reinl. What confuses most people is the location of this factory: while many people mention Lubenz (cz. "Lubenec"), others mention Hirschen (cz. "Jeleny"). Reinl later also owned a second factory in Töppeles (cz. "Teplicka") but that is irrelevant here.

As for Lubenz/Hirschen: a certain landmark near Lubenz was named "am Hirschen" (roughly "where the stag is"), namesake of a smaller group of farms in that area which soon was only called Hirschen; this later became a part of Lubenz. The factory was located between these two town areas but nearer to Hirschen, it was therefore often mentioned as actually being "in Hirschen" even if it was officially registered in Lubenz.

Shown mark was used after 1945; at that time the factory was operating as member of the state-owned Karlovarsky Porcelan combine, using a pre-war mark with athe obvious "CZECHOSLOVAKIA" addition. The factory became fully integrated in the Karlovarsky Porcelan combine in 1958, from then on using branch-unspecific (generic) marks until 1993.

So your set was made at the Karlovarsky Porcelan branch Lubenec between 1945 and 1958."

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

And welcome JD!

LauraGarnet02 and JDNetwork like this.
  7. JDNetwork

JDNetwork New Member

Thank you all for the help! the jug is a close friends of mine she will be very happy with the information you have provided so thank you!

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted