Featured mystery dragonfly kitchen cannister/jar

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by capitulation, Sep 22, 2019.

1. capitulation

capitulation Active Member

Found this lidded cannister / jar at a thrift shop this weekend for $8, and hoping for some hints as to maker, style, use, or origin. Appears to be hand painted and crazed all over. The lid has a dragonfly handle and the interior is a lovely emerald/mint green. No marks on the bottom. Its quite large, about 8" tall, 7.5" in diameter, and 24" in circumference. It appears to have possibly come from an antique or vintage shop as it had a tag on the inside lid with previous (higher) prices and subsequent mark downs.

Thanks in advance, antiquers! I truly appreciate this website and community.

1Y37EDSSRVWXuzRdVYJd5Q_thumb_9e59.jpg %Ayl1mMZQWavjucQEhsWlg_thumb_9e6c.jpg ke8pLkOVR86PzHm35iMblQ_thumb_9e66.jpg O+Fu+EOoSja1Wo8j+rPDUQ_thumb_9e5b.jpg Vg%cIMGRTQawZauffmTqaQ_thumb_9e62.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9e71.jpg gypLAJnMRYmKLFfq40Cqjw_thumb_9e63.jpg gzFyjBmoTfq9mq7AblRmJA_thumb_9e76.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. capitulation

oh I see - the plant is the same and those examples also have the dragon fly motif..
    I thought the design around the bottom seemed like it could be Asian.

4. capitulation

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It was just a guess on my part so other's might have thoughts if they know of other places making such things. It's very cute!

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted