Mystery wall plate - Help please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JP Canada, May 12, 2021.

1. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Any help identifying the mark and year of this mother of pearl plate would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Have you tried searching by the terms 'lusterware' (American) or 'lustreware' (British)?

judy likes this.
  3. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    judy likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi JPCanada!

Welcome to Antiquers...........:cat:

JP Canada likes this.
  5. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

I haven’t, but I will now. There are no other marks other than the gold 5. It was my great grandmother’s is the only other thing I know about it. She was from England and so may have brought it with her. Here are full images AA0A0032-2E73-428E-A880-B2BC3632C2BA.jpeg B6EC5941-DA35-4A81-919A-C21D2E755F1F.jpeg

6. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Thank you Judy! I’m slowly getting the hang of things here. Everyone is so kind amd helpful!!

7. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

YES!! Ohmigosh! That looks so similar. I will ask my dad if he remembers my grandfather saying where it may have come from. Thank you!!!! Everyone here has been so helpful!!

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

See!
    Now that title gets folks juiced up to help !!!!:happy:

9. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Hahaha! I’m slowly learning!

komokwa likes this.
  10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

BTW, it isn't a wall plate. It is a serving plate, for items like cake or cookies, with handles. You didn't mention the size but I'm guessing it is larger than a dinner plate.

If meant to hang on the wall, it needs holes on the backside to put the wire/thread through, like this:

11.jpg

komokwa and Debora like this.
  11. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Good to know!!! Thanks!!!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted