N &C Bone china

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by simon9268, Sep 22, 2019.

1. simon9268

simon9268 Member

Hi again!
    I'm still on my quest to put a date on my beloved cups!
    I am having trouble identifying this backstamp: I can't even find out which company made the cup! Could someone enlighten me?
    Thanks!
    Simon IMG_0410.JPG IMG_0411.JPG

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. simon9268

simon9268 Member

Gave it a couple more hours and still nothing. Anyone?

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome Simon - I've checked my reference book on English porcelain marks without success. A google search turned up another cup and saucer with a different N & C mark and Made in Japan. I think it's possible that N & C is an importer rather than a manufacturer and commissioned work from both England and Japan. Just a thought.
    Don

janetpjohn likes this.
  4. simon9268

simon9268 Member

Thanks for your input! I saw the Japan version to on the internet, but no luck with the England one. The hypothesis of an importer seems plausible!

Draft saved Draft deleted