Napoleon & Josephine Busts Arnart Divinity China?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Diggummup, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with Arnart but I can't find anything about "Divinity China" as it applies to Arnart Imports or anything else.
    They stand just over 10" tall. Made of porcelain. Not high dollar items I'm sure, but I would like to try and find out some information on them.
    Can't find a match anywhere. Anybody?

IMG_8298 (1024x832).jpg
    IMG_8293 (1024x953).jpg
    IMG_8295 (1024x995).jpg

komokwa likes this.
  2. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

I guess no one has anything to add?

One uber rare pair of Japanese import busts, lol.

I was more interested in the "Divinity China" mark on them than anything else.
    Also, there is a signature on the backs.

20181112_212346-1~2.jpg
    20181112_212417-1.jpg

i need help likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I've looked at this a couple of times and can't really offer anything certain. Divinity China is most likely just a name Arnart made up because they thought it would lend an extra bit of class. They may be fairly rare. Arnart did not import many large items like this (at least that I've ever seen) and there's a good chance at least one of the bust would get damaged over the years.

Even if rare I think you're correct that they are not high dollar items. They are a a copy of similar products made by French manufacturers like Limoges. Arnart is not a collectible name on its own and these types of busts are not popular at the moment. Sorry I can't help more.
    Don

Diggummup, judy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

judy likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted