Nazi helmet, Nazi belt buckle, Russian bayonet and a Russian weapon maintenance kit (?)

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by idontknowanyofthis, Aug 19, 2015.

1. idontknowanyofthis

idontknowanyofthis New Member

Hi!

I have some items which im trying to survey and get a better overview of what I'm dealing with and how much are those things worth.

Sorry for the bad quality photos.

I'll start off with the helmet, it was found in the attic of my grandparents cottage. Now I know that trying to restore those things by someone who is not professional might damage the worth of the item. The inside of this helmet has been repaired a little and the steel surface has also been cleaned and taken care of a litte bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next I have a nice belt buckle, I'm not very sure where it came from and not too much to say about it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm switching sides now and showing some the Russian WW2 items.
    First i have a bayonet, which was found hit into the tree, it was all rusty so it was chromed, i'm not very sure if it was a good decision or not but here it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lastly i have a Russian weapon maintenance kit (at least i think it is) and I believe it's not a complete kit, I have no idea what's the tool even for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's it, thank you for reviewing and i hope to get some reviews, ideas or worths about those cool items.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

If you took your pictures in natural light (and more of it, they'd be more likely to be in focus with clearer detail. You could aslo step back a bit than crop the larger pictures down to just the objects. This would help your camera or phone to focus.

As it is it hard to say more than that you have some bits and pieces, which you know already.

Posters will not usually comment on values,so much depends on where and how things are sold.

komokwa, KingofThings and kristiaan like this.
  3. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

I can only speak for the helmet and the buckle.
    The buckle is a Wheermacht (generaly named "WH"), the leather tab should cary a stamp with maker mark and year .
    The helmet is also WH and should be better left as it was.
    Better pic's are needed, but it stands a chance of being a model 36 with a singel decal.
    So if you google WH SD 36 helmet, you will find what the value is.
    cheers
    |<ris

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted