Need a little help from my glassie friends. White w/ black "spaghetti/string" decoration bowl/vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, May 30, 2017.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I picked up this 5" diameter bowl/vase with a white satin finish. It has a spaghetti/string design and a crimped rim. Very light in weight. Weighs a tad over 9oz. Any guesses on who dunnit? TIA.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

There is one on Ebay saying it's Hazel Atlas frosted drizzle. Can't say I know that's right though.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. *crs*

Thanks for the direction to look SIS

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

All I know is that I have seen many examples of this over the years and assumed it was commercially produced in quantity. This would fit with it being Hazel Atlas.

*crs* likes this.
  5. *crs*

Thanks Brad. I found a lot of this style listed as HA. The one and only on replacements is a tumbler that looks like milk glass with the black drizzle.

6. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

In his book on Hazel Atlas, TAGF notes that this decor is found on glass from various manufacturers, not just Hazel Atlas. He speculates that an outside firm did the decor. This shape reminds me of some stuff that Anchor Hocking did.

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted