Need Antique Glassware identified please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KayeC, Mar 29, 2017.

1. KayeC

KayeC New Member

I received a set of stemware from my Grandmother, she was born in the late 1800's.
    They are thin, green glass, etched with a leaf pattern around the tops. You can feel the etchings. I even noticed a few very tiny bubbles in the base of some of them.
    There are no other markings so have no idea where they came from or actually how old they are.
    If anyone can help that would be wonderful!
    thank you! glasses.jpg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Its Depression Era blown stemware, green (maybe Uranium green) with a generic gray cutting. I cannot ID the maker.

judy likes this.
  3. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

KayeC likes this.
  4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

IMHO, just because the cutting is found on a Morgantown stem in a different shape does not mean this stem was made by Morgantown.

As Tom/Cherryhill noted, the cutting is a generic gray cut, which means anyone, including 3rd party decorators, could have produced the decor on glass they purchased. Unless you find a matching blank from an identified manufacturer, I wouldn't attribute the glass manufacturer based solely on a gray cut design.

Also, in general, even if you figure out who made the glass, it may not enhance the value because of the grey cut decor.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted