Need help dating and identifying this couple

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MHJ, May 19, 2020.

1. MHJ

MHJ New Member

I just bought these. Very curious about the mark and the maker. There seems to be a date on the bottom.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Maybe 1817??? AND WELCOME to ANTIQUERS....the impression is very unclear!! Others will have to help on the maker!!

BOTTM OF PORCELAIN FIGS.jpg

s-l1600 (4)-gigapixel-scale-2_00x.jpg

3. MHJ

MHJ New Member

Thank you. These are not my pictures. I ordered them and they are on the way. I am wondering if it is indeed a date or just item number.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It looks like 1814 or 1819 with a three leaf clover. Not finding the arrow mark yet.
    upload_2020-5-19_22-50-10.png

5. MHJ

MHJ New Member

Thanks. I will take better pics when I get them.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome MHJ.
    A very pretty pair. Here they are full image, so everyone can see:

[​IMG]

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This mark has appeared on the board before. It was mentioned about the Nonne mark so I thought I'd show it from Röntgen's book Marks on German, Bohemian and Austrian Porcelain. Aelteste Volkstedter is mentioned as producing similar items.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/german-porcelain-figurines.20860/

It seems that there are others selling things with this mark calling it Nonne but I haven't seen any with references yet. It might be worthwhile looking at French porcelain also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Antiq...n-Figurine-from-The-Arts-series-/123747412549

There is a clover mark used by various factories but most of these mention that it's painted.

upload_2020-5-20_8-33-15.png

upload_2020-5-20_8-33-1.png
    upload_2020-5-20_8-32-41.png

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  8. MHJ

MHJ New Member

Hi. thanks. Yes, a couple of others said it was Nonne, but I did not find this mark associated with any of his pieces. And if the number on the bottom is a date, it couldn't be Nonne because he died in 1813

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Most numbers you see are not dates, but model numbers. Dating was often a letter or symbol code of some kind - as apparently the shape of the clover is.

i need help likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-5-20_9-4-25.png
    If I'm seeing what SIS posted correctly, this is the one that seems to match.
    upload_2020-5-20_9-5-52.png

Oh wait, it's supposed to be glazed.
    Sorry,

11. MHJ

MHJ New Member

My husband saw the letter c with a capital R next to it. It's hard to tell until I see them in person at the end of this week. I cannot find much about the blue double headed arrow. frustrating

Draft saved Draft deleted