Need help finding Italian jewelry mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Crystalina, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

I have this necklace that I bought in an antique shop 25 (ish) years ago. I'm trying to figure out more about it. It says P.R. 925 Italy. But I can't find the maker mark online. It is a V with another V inside it and a dot at the top. Above that park is 925 It's very hard to get a picture of it. The clasp reads 925 Italy and the other side of clasp has P.R. inside a square. I tried 925-1000 site, Hallmarkwiki, and silvercollection. I don't know where else to look online. The pendant is 1 1/16" x 5/8"
    Thank you for helping....

italian necklace.jpg italian hallmark 2.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Italy has many chain manufacturers which export worldwide. It is often impossible to find the name of the company who made a chain, and it isn't really important. If you want to sell it, Italian 925 rope twist chain is fine.
    It is unlikely the pendant was made by the same manufacturer as the chain. Can't help with the V mark, but there are others who know more about more recent jewellery than I do.

3. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

Thank you.....I'm wading through the great info on here, but haven't found it yet.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

5. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

That sure looks alot like it Xristina. I finally have a direction! Thank you!!!

6. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

You are very welcome, Crystalina ! :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted