Need help finding out more information about a ceramic pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KristyVer, May 7, 2017.

1. KristyVer

KristyVer New Member

I'm looking for more information about a ceramic pitcher. I have attached a couple photos. There's no stamp and only info I have is that it was possibly made with a rare type of clay. Also, unknown company (Could be Rockville, Rockford, starts with Rock).
    Please help if you can. I am searching for info for a friend of mine. The above info I gave is all

Attached Files:

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Rockingham.

komokwa likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm having a bit of trouble seeing the pattern on your pitcher but I think it's the same pitcher shown in Mary Brewer's book Collector's Guide to Rockingham. I admit I'm having trouble making out the pattern in the book too but I think the bird, trees and border decoration are very much like yours. See what you think. I'd disregard the price suggestion.

YOURS
    [​IMG]

THE BOOK
    rockingham pitcher.jpg rockingham pitcher text.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  4. KristyVer

KristyVer New Member

Thanks for the help you guys. Yea I don't think my friend is going to be too happy about actual value. Looks like it only ranges around $30 or so. He assumed it was valued at $500.

5. KristyVer

KristyVer New Member

It also has a bad chip by spout and small one on bottom and hairline cracks in several areas. It is hard to make out designs even in images online.

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Draft saved Draft deleted