Need help for local estate auction selection

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by jingyel, Sep 18, 2020.

1. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

cxgirl likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW, that looks like a 'mel of a hess'!!!!! LOTS and LOTS of horse stuff and everything else under the sun!!!! A few fancy saddle blankets....did they strip some saddles down to sell the trappings separately???????? WHOA!!! Came to a whole bunch of all sorts of saddles!! NICE graduated brass harness bells! Some oldish woodworking planes....some bridle buttons in a box, barn full of bridles, bits, stirrups, horseshoes, longhorn steer horns....guess looks like a TON of tools of ALL sorts......something for everyone!!! HAHAHA.... THIS would be so much fun to hit!!!! I'm only halfway down the auction site!! I don't think I've EVER seen SO MANY different bits (for horses) laid out & displayed before on display boards!!!! Yikes!!! 3 more 'pages' of bridle buttons!!!! Hope you're seeing this @wiscbirddog (you ARE the one with the horses, aren't you???). Also, knives, pistols and rifles, among SO MUCH OTHER STUFF!!!!
    The sad part is, it either looks like either someone might have died, lost their property, or who knows....maybe just time to let it all go..........I DO KNOW, THASSSSALOTTA STUFF to move along!!! Best of luck to them!!!!

@jingyel, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to suggest anything to you as I don't know your 'likes & dislikes'!!! There ARE antiques in among everything I saw.....tall clocks, lamps with & without chimneys.....IF you plan to go, I WOULD suggest going EARLY and look over anything you think you might be interested in......there is just SO MUCH there, you just MIGHT find a good buy!!!! Good Luck and don't get caught up in a "Fever Pitch"!!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    sabre123 and cxgirl like this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous , there is lots of cool stuff:)
    the forest fire motion lamp is a 1930s round National, the old cars/trucks might be worth getting if cheap, some can sell for decent money to folks that restore them, the plastic horses, some of those can go for decent money.
    hope you get what you are interested in and much more:)

4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

@Aquitaine - nope not a horse person. Rode a few as a kid but dogs are MY thing.

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hmmmmm, who was that them......OHHHH!!!! @SBSVC!!! Her daughter!!!!

6. jingyel

Thank you all for the input.

As I promised here are some photos to share. The photos inside the trunk are my achievements today. I like spurs, so I bought a lot. IMG_1461.jpg IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1465.jpg IMG_1483.jpg IMG_1484.jpg IMG_1485.jpg IMG_1487.jpg

7. jingyel

could you tell me the name of this? I thought it is stirrup slippers. These are silver plated. I also bought one pair of wood carved and one pear of leather. IMG_1488.jpg

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

toe stopper...?