Need help for some tapestry

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by jingyel, Sep 18, 2020.

1. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

I will go to a local estate sale tomorrow. I am interested in the tapestry shown below. Could anyone give me some suggestion about the origin and age? Thank you!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

What sizes are you talking about??? I had been thinking those might have been saddle blankets, BUT now looking around the edges of the room, I'm thinking they are too big for the saddle blankets, but could be throws for use in horse drawn carriages........JUST MY OPINION though!!! You're saying 'tapestry' but I'm also thinking more like a velour print..... again, JUST MY OPINION.....I have been known to be wrong.....@wiscbirddog ????

Bakersgma likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That's a person there, so maybe 3x5' - just a guess for size
    upload_2020-9-18_21-31-15.png

I agree with Aqui - I don't think I would call those tapestries. They look more like blanket throws.

4. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

I would say 6 feet

5. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

I'm with @Aquitaine - they look like inexpensive modern printed throw blankets.

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Modest Muse

Modest Muse Active Member

Aquitaine is right, these are printed velour throws as opposed to woven. These were made in large quantities in the teens, 20s and 30s.

Draft saved Draft deleted