Need help identifying 1970s dinnerware pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Robert Edelson, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Robert Edelson

Robert Edelson New Member

This is my first post. I am trying desperately to figure out the manufacturer of some old dinnerware I had as a kid. (I would like to surprise my mother by buying a vintage set for her). Based on the research I have done, the set looks like Mikasa Cera-stone Mesa but as far as I have read, it only came in blue and green but the set we used to have is brown and yellow (see pic). I believe this pattern was from the late 60's or early 70's. If anyone can help me identify these I would be grateful. 66.jpg 67 1.jpg 69 4.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Interesting. I see you have Gemco salt and Pepper shakers on the table which if I remember correctly were from the 70's. Spice of Life is the name of the shakers.

3. Robert Edelson

Wow thanks for that. I was actually wondering about those too!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

The shakers may have also come with a sugar and creamer with the same pattern. I bought a set in the original box years ago at a yard sale that had all the pieces in it and were never used and sold them.
    You can find that Gemco pattern on etsy or ebay.
    I hope someone can help you with the pattern of the plates. Much good luck.

Robert Edelson likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

moreotherstuff likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Does this help?

upload_2021-1-21_18-6-17.png

7. Robert Edelson

Bakersgma thanks for the reply. I have seen that corelle pattern before. Unfortunately this is different. These are brown and yellow squares all the same size with a pinstripe around the flat part of the plate. It is just like Mikasa Cerastone Mesa but a different color.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Robert Edelson

9. pearlsnblume

I think I see a Mickey Mouse Mug or cup on that table too.

And those tall glasses, may be similar to the popular ones from the 1960's with silver rimmed bands. Some were Dorothy Thorpe and some were not.
    An eclectic table setting from yesteryear.

10. Robert Edelson

Wow you are good lol. Yes the cup was mickey mouse goofy and donald duck. Those glasses were from 1963 or so and she still has them. Another crazy thing is there is a bowl on the table with a pale blue pattern around the rim. My mother bought that set with Raleigh Cigarette Coupons!!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. pearlsnblume

Those were the days when we bought something they gave us a free something or other as a bonus.

I never smoked, but I went to a yard sale and this lady had packages of vintage lucite and cork coasters still in the plastic that were giveaways from I think Marlboro but I am not sure. She was such a heavy smoker, it was no surprise she had a few packages. I had to air them out.

I am not sure, but it appears that the brown or tan bowl may be Pyrex. Hard to tell but that is what families used when it was time to eat in the 70's.

12. Robert Edelson

Right again! The bowl is Pyrex Homestead. She still as that as well.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

14. Robert Edelson

Thanks for the reply!!!! The colors are close but the pattern is wrong. The ones I am looking for look exactly like Mikasa Cera-Stone Mesa but in brown and yellow. From the research I have done, Mikasa never made that color so I am not sure if it was another manufacturer that just copied Mikasa's pattern. My mother told me they were inexpensive at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted