Need help identifying a tiger statue. Chinese?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Megan, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Megan

Megan New Member

Hi all,

I recently acquired this guy at an estate sale and i'm having a really hard time identifying him. The base color of the pottery material is a faded brown / tan. It is hand painted and the tiger appears to be hollow all the way through and when I look down his throat I can see what appear to be tool marks. The tiger seems to be glazed although it isn't high gloss, more of a dull shine. His tongue has no glaze on it.
    There is an oval impressed mark with characters on the base beside a hand painted mark in red.

Some stats:

He measures 11.5" tall and 9.5" long.
    Weight is just over 7 lbs

Any information that you guys could give me would be much appreciated! Thanks! :) IMG_6489.JPG IMG_6492.JPG IMG_6489.JPG IMG_6492.JPG IMG_6494.JPG IMG_6497.JPG IMG_6498.JPG IMG_6499.JPG

Makanudo and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

No clue but I'd guess Chinese too and I like him! :)

3. Megan

Megan New Member

*Bump* Anyone have any information on this guy? Thanks KingofThings, I like him too!

KingofThings likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I suggest you try him in Antique Discussion too.
    That may help if no one's commenting here and say why you've done so.

Draft saved Draft deleted