Need help identifying and appraising this table

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sandra Knecht, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Sandra Knecht

Sandra Knecht New Member

I was given this table many years ago by my ex’s mom who was an interior designer with quite extravagant taste. I’ve done a little bit of research on my own and found tables that kind of compare, but I really know nothing about antique tables at the end of the day. Can someone please tell me more about my table? More photos on my profile.. I believe. I set this account up for the sole purpose of researching this piece of furniture in particular so I hope I’m doing this right! Thanks everyone :)

dude likes this.
  2. Sandra Knecht

Sandra Knecht New Member

3. Sandra Knecht

Sandra Knecht New Member

Is it a resin replica or is it wood? I don’t know where this fire damage came from but what does this picture indicate ? Thanks

Attached Files:

dude likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I suspect this is a recent Asian import masquerading as a European antique.

antique-italian-carved-oak-oval-foyer-table-8365.jpg

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I believe your table to be a 20th century Italian reproduction of a baroque antique. You do not indicate size. I found this similar dining table as part of a set here.....

Silik Style Italian Baroque Rococo Dining Room Set by John | Etsy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your last photo seems to show some insect damage. I don't belive the black is from fire but, rather, from the insect activity.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It makes sense for it to be a more recent reproduction. It was beautiful at one time. Now, in need of some care.

Draft saved Draft deleted