Featured Need help identifying antique china, please.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Molly Rodenberry, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Molly Rodenberry

Molly Rodenberry New Member

Hello - I've just inherited several pieces of glassware and china (among other vintage/antique items) from my grandma, who recently passed away. I wish I would've written down who she had received each piece from, and when, but it was a long time ago & I don't remember. I'm not necessarily looking to sell any of the pieces - I'd just like any information on a possible age and whatever is known about the pieces. My great-grandparents (her parents) moved to the U.S. from Germany in the late 1800's.
    The teacup and saucer don't have any markings, so I'm not sure if they're really anything authentic, but I think they are beautiful. The other (possibly a vanity dish?) has markings, which I have some, but not a lot of info. I have been able to identify most of the other pieces by an internet search. Any info on these pieces is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    IMG_1651.jpg IMG_1649.jpg IMG_1650.jpg

KSW, scoutshouse and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sometimes what you think is no markings, can help us identify an item.
    Pis of the base are always helpful....:happy::happy::happy:

KSW and scoutshouse like this.
  3. Molly Rodenberry

Molly Rodenberry New Member

Thank you! And here are more pics of the cup & saucer.. Bottom of saucer.jpg Saucer.jpg Set.jpg Bottom cup.jpg

scoutshouse and komokwa like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The cup and saucer are Japanese lusterware. I see the same insets on a lot of Royal Sealy but didn't find yours.
    You probably found the Jean Pouyat Limoges mark already.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    patd8643, Jaena and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted