Need help identifying - Antique Indian Stone/Granite Plague? (Timeline Unknown)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by YASHINI D/O RENGANATHAN, Jul 13, 2019.

1. YASHINI D/O RENGANATHAN

YASHINI D/O RENGANATHAN Contemporary Visual Artist, Female

This beautiful piece appears to be chiseled off a larger structure (refer to photo)

Heavy and glistens more than the sculpture from my previous post. What do you guys think?? Please let me know, thank you!

Measurements

Height: 30cm
    Breadth: 16cm
    Width: 2.5cm

IMG_8142.jpg IMG_8143.jpg IMG_8145.jpg IMG_8146.jpg IMG_8148.jpg IMG_8147.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice photo's.......ya...looks like someone chiseled it off a wall sculpture...
    stuff like this makes me suspect wrongdoing ..........:eek:

kyratango likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is very old, but it is very decorative.
    The back could have been made like that because it was going to be put in a niche of a temple gate or wall anyway. A bit of mortar on the back, and Bob's your uncle.:playful:

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  4. Mistastreefa

Mistastreefa New Member

Any updates on this? I have a small sculpted figurine of a mans head with a wheel for a body with very similar technique, and what appears to be identical art form, design and skill. Granite as well. I’ve just been trying to track down when and where it’s from and who made it

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted