Featured Need Help Identifying Brown Amber Glass Pedestal Vase with Milk Glass Stem and White Rim

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lorec, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Lorec

Lorec Member

Hi all,
    I recently came upon this interesting footed vase/ pedestal vase which is this deep brown/ amber root beer color. It has a milk glass stem and a white rim. I initially thought of snow crest from Fenton, but I didn't see any matching in my Fenton book. I can't find any vases with milk glass stems that aren't also milk glass vases as well. This is over 11" tall as well, for reference. There are no marks either.
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

vase 3.jpg
    vase 2.jpg
    vase 1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Tom Mackay, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome Lorec - I don't think this was produced by a US manufacturer. I would look to Italy. Just my humble opinion.
    Don

Lorec and judy like this.
  3. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Italy was my knee-jerk reaction as well. Possibly from the town of Empoli

Lorec, judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. Lorec

Lorec Member

Great, thanks to you both, I appreciate the help and will check out Empoli glass. That does narrow it down for me quite a bit. I found something on eBay that is very similar with the same stem, but its a bit different in some other ways. They are saying Murano but I don't think that is correct. I'll keep my eye out for any other similar ones.

Here's the eBay one for reference. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Italian-Mu...rentrq:0cb91ca41660ac1d0fa0a7affffb0e9e|iid:1

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've not seen any Empoli made glass with that milk foot and rim. Or Italian generally, for that matter - the colour isn't right. I'm inclined to Bohemian/Czech.

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Don't really know for sure, but . . . WOW! I love it! Much more striking (IMHO) than the pink one you linked to.

Draft saved Draft deleted