need help identifying maker of Art Nouveau Bronze Lamp

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Antiques-R-Us, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Antiques-R-Us

Antiques-R-Us New Member

Hello, I have this 1920's Art Nouveau Bronze Lamp with no markings or manufacturer on it. I believe it is Tiffany but not sure. Tiffany made a bunch of tree trunk Bronze lamps in the 1920's. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. Below is link to pictures on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156627452@N04/shares/6m7D5b

aaroncab likes this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Pretty lamp! In my honest opinion, it doesn't quite look like Tiffany quality...

judy and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Nice lamp! This is likely European in origin and not like anything Tiffany produced. Maybe Austrian.

Ghopper1924, judy and kyratango like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Tiffany would be marked.
    Definitely Art Nouveau - Very nice.

If it were mine, I'd clean it up, rewire and use it. Lovely.

judy and kyratango like this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I know them as "lampe de Paris" with a copper shade and régule foot.

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

kyratango, komokwa and Ghopper1924 like this.
  8. Antiques-R-Us

Antiques-R-Us New Member

Thanks for the replies. More info, it has an Arrow light socket that dates from 1905 to 1926 and it is an original socket. Says "Made in USA" too on socket. The cord is cloth and original putting more credence that the socket is original too. The shade is 8" wide and hand hammered in spots. The woman is 11" tall and holding a ribbon.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  9. Antiques-R-Us

Antiques-R-Us New Member

Hi, that shade is almost identical, thanks to you and the poster that said Austrian too.

10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I think their dating of 1910 is closer, by the 1920s I would expect for more of an Art Deco style.

11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  12. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

That's a beauty! Love it!

i need help likes this.
  13. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yea, considering how many items are posted as Art Nouveau that are no where near it, it is nice to see a real Art Nouveau piece :)

Ghopper1924, kyratango and Fid like this.
  14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

true.
    but I feel a bit uneasy if it isn't a marriage of a centerpiece with a Parisian shade.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  15. Antiques-R-Us

Antiques-R-Us New Member

Hi again, this lamp is listed for sale on eBay now. Check auction category on this forum for this title below. Auction ends 3/10/2019

1920 Brass Plated Austrian Figural Lamp & 1800's French Bronze Gilt Glass Shade

Ghopper1924 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted