Featured Need Help Identifying My J.P.L France Piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Stephen Byrd, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Stephen Byrd

Stephen Byrd New Member

Hello,
    I recently acquired a J.P.L. France Photographic Portrait Piece, and I can’t find any information about it. Will someone please advise of what it is and it’s value? Any help would be appreciated. 7F882C20-974F-4179-84FE-001A97DAA302.jpeg 4E875C0A-4A6D-4D65-803B-A912B24B85EF.jpeg

KSW, NewEngland and judy like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Your plate was produced by Jean Pouyat in Limoges, France. The date on the mark is a patent date so your plate was produced sometime after 1906. I haven't seen this type of portrait plate before so can't help much on a value. You could google search "Limoges cake plate" to get an idea of asking prices for similar objects. Other members of the board may be more familiar with this type of portrait technique.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I wonder why the sitter is holding a bowling bowl? :hilarious:

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm having trouble with that too. It seems out of whack with the elaborate bordering. Some type of award plate perhaps?

KSW, Any Jewelry and Stephen Byrd like this.
  5. Stephen Byrd

Stephen Byrd New Member

Thank you.

KSW likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's definitely a possibility. She doesn't look very happy, though.

KSW likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I thought she was getting ready to throw it into a porcelain display.:shame::bag:

8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I didn't see that. Too funny. :):)

KSW likes this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think she's just bored and waiting her turn. I wonder if some retailer (or photographer) didn't offer a deal to add a photo to a plate.

Fid, KSW and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted