Need help identifying signed nesting dolls

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tammy Gray, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Tammy Gray

Tammy Gray Tammy

Hello, I came across these at an old church that was having a big sale. They are wooden and look hand painted. There are 7 dolls. There is a signature on the bottom but I can't read it well. Hoping someone can tell me if they are authentic and if they are worth much.

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hi again, Tammy. Could you go back into your post & make all photos full size? (Select Edit, then think you have to go into the Other section to edit pix.) The signature is no doubt written in Cyrillic, which we could decipher if we could see it better.

You can get an idea of the value of your dolls by checking Internet for matryoshka dolls sold & for sale.

bluumz and kyratango like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

mockba , means Moscow

4. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

These aren't old, they cost about ten pounds new, can still buy them.
    Pic so others can see

[​IMG]

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

but being from Russia....I'd think the market is soft right now....:hungover:

Bronwen, bluumz, NewEngland and 6 others like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Yes, that too xx

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

And yes, hand painted and authentic. Since they are souvenirs and not valuable, it isn't worth the effort to fake them.

8. Tammy Gray

Tammy Gray Tammy

Yes, I will make them larger...thank you.

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  9. Tammy Gray

Tammy Gray Tammy

IMG_20220817_000221389_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20220817_000221389_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20220811_120540423.jpg IMG_20220811_120540423.jpg

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Tammy Gray

Tammy Gray Tammy

Ok thank you.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted