need help identifying this flag.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sean Wood, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Sean Wood

Sean Wood New Member

cxgirl likes this.
  2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

48 star flag used from 1912 to 1959. Yours is in poor condition (unless that is reflection on the glass?). Because 48 star flags used for so long and because of condition, I wouldn't expect it to have much value unless there was some history attached to it to explain why someone wanted to frame it.

Figtree3, cxgirl, Fid and 2 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well explained, Jeff.

Debora

Jeff Drum and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Sean Wood

Sean Wood New Member

i have no idea if there is any history attached to it theres nothing on the back of the frame and my parents who bought this have passed away.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm sorry for your loss !
    Any military in your family?
    The damage looks consistent with insect and or rodent attack, and due to the area involved I'd think it may have been rolled up at one time before framing.
    Any marks will be on the border between the grommets .

It's a proud flag , belonging to a great country....display it , and enjoy it's history.

My 48 star....

IMG_3504.JPG IMG_3505.JPG

Figtree3, judy and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted