Need help identifying this old hand painted ceramic planter makers mark.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Richard Walden, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Richard Walden

Richard Walden New Member

I need help identifying this makers mark on an old hand painted 20180316_193458ppp.jpg ceramic planter.
    The mark is green and has a crown on top. The letter L is on the left side of the mark. The letter W was on the right side. It has worn but you can still see it under magnification.

There are also the numbers 1747 hand painted and the number 93 hand painted under glaze. On the left side of the rim are some more marks pressed into the bottom. One of the marks was oblong in shape, under glaze and can not be made out. The last mark looks like a set of three letters (also pressed into the bottom) The first letter is a ,letter J. The second could be an O or H and the third can not be made out.

If I can just get the main mark identified that would be great. I appreciate any help I can get.

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Richard Walden

Richard Walden New Member

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Draft saved Draft deleted