Need help! Looking for info on this piece or leads to selling it!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Christin Kruse, Jun 2, 2018.

?

Any ideas on origin, how to sell?

1. I’m interested in info on this piece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I’d like to know how to sell at max price

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Christin Kruse

Christin Kruse New Member

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful piece, depends upon your area of the country as to the demand for antique wooden furniture.

Aquitaine likes this.
  3. Christin Kruse

We are in Nothern Illinois. Any suggestions on selling it would be helpful. We believe it’s European Buffet circa 1880-1890. Excellent condition!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

2 problems...brown furniture isnt doing so well,and its massive. It is lovely,but here in n. fla you'd be lucky to get $500. Id offer it for $750 and pretty much take any reasonable offer.Damn shame,its a quality piece,but there you have it.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It looks absolutely lovely and in beautiful condition, as you mentioned! However, it's size might hinder it's sale.....unless you live near a LOT of HUGE LARGE classic homes!:rolleyes::)

AJefferson and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HEY!!!!!!!! WHO'S FOOLING AROUND WITH THE EMOJIS?????? THE Wink has been flipped, there's an added Happy Face.....same one, just another, and someone's playing 'scramble' with them..............:cow::cow::cow:

judy, AJefferson and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

;););)
    :):):)
    what r u on about...?:rolleyes::meh::stop::stop:

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am in Central IL and this type of furniture is dead as can be here. This very similar cabinet started out at $750.00 in our consignment shop and didn't sell. The owner relinquished to the shop it at the end of the consignment period and we tried to continue to sell it. It was down to $395.00 OBO and sat for over 3 months. I believe that it ultimately got sent to auction. I do not know what it brought at auction.

[​IMG]

Here is the thread where I first posted this and other discussion about brown furniture you may find interesting.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/antique-vintage-brown-furniture.9225/

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Christin.
    Beautiful buffet, Northern French, possibly Belgian. But I agree, there is the brown furniture issue.

aaroncab and kyratango like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Mine are always all over the place, it usually takes me ages to find the right one. Maybe it is because I am all over the place.:wacky::eek::confused::dead:

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Aqui seems to be having more issues than that...???

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

I didn't really want to get personal.:hilarious:

Aquitaine, komokwa and kyratango like this.
  13. antidiem

Welcome Kristin. Yours is much older (Roccoco Renaissance Revival/Art Nouveau with Goudy touch) than the one Brad pictured, much more beautiful, and will probably sell the same, BUT,,

IF it is an original old New Orleans "Prudent Mallard" manufactured piece, it will be worth a whole lot more - tens of thousands. It has a similar style to it, perhaps your keen eye can scope this out.

Aquitaine, judy and aaroncab like this.
  14. antidiem

IF it is an original old NY Meeks, it could be worth money too..

Aquitaine, judy and aaroncab like this.
  15. Christin Kruse

I can’t thank you enough for your kindness! We are trying to gather additional info based on your sharing!

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  16. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

No reason to believe it is anything but this IMHO

17. antidiem

Thanks Brad.

judy likes this.
  18. Christin Kruse

Thank you!!

19. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Here in France, furniture like this is so cheap. In a depot vente I have seen them 150-200 euros. We have one, it is a useful piece of furniture.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Yep... Cheaper than IKEA:(

Draft saved Draft deleted