Need help to appraise a group of woodblock prints

Discussion in 'Art' started by jingyel, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

Hello I found this group of woodblock prints from local estate sale. Coudl anyone give me some suggestion especially market value? Thanks 90121793_1_x.jpg 90121793_2_x.jpg 90121793_5_x.jpg 90121793_6_x.jpg 90121793_7_x.jpg 90121793_9_x.jpg 90121793_10_x.jpg 90121793_11_x.jpg

mmarco102 and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. jingyel

3. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

I'll watch with interest and am green with envy. :wideyed: They look super, smashing and fabulous to me. Here's hoping that more knowledgeable folk agree.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Can't really help you out on value but condition is everything and unfortunately it looks like some of them have condition issues. Maybe there is some that will be worth getting cleaned/repaired. Im sure there will be others who will be able to shed more light on these. Very cool lot though!

5. jingyel

Thanks fro the comments. I heard the age of the print is very important because those famous or popular topics have been reprinted in history till now days. How to identify the age is critical

judy likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The women in red on the shore are Awabi (abalone divers) you might check Utamaro as artist.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

These are pretty good and look like they are NOT later restrikes. You have some valuable ones there. :)

judy and CheersDears like this.
  10. jingyel

Thank you fro the inputs.
    Sold for $800 and I didn't get it.

judy likes this.
  11. CheersDears

Edited post. Wondered where they sold but see it's local estate sale.

judy likes this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

"Hello I found this group of woodblock prints from local estate sale."

I believe we were under the impression.... they were yours...Jing !

Please be more forthcoming in the future, as it makes a difference here if we are trying to help you understand what you have as opposed to what you're looking to buy !!....;)..:wideyed::wideyed::(

2manybooks and judy like this.
  13. CheersDears

$800 is an awful lot of money, but I think I might have sold a kidney and bought these. Don't know. Hope whoever has them really appreciates them. It was good to see these prints. All adds to the learning curve, so thanks @jingyel.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Wtfdude, samuelcaulfield1 and judy like this.
  14. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

This was super cheap, I used to handle these things almost exclusively, someone got a major score.

Draft saved Draft deleted